Monday, January 9, 2012

{date #2}

The Background story-- This was another online dating guy. We briefly talked and texted for a few days, and he seemed pretty interesting. To be honest I didn't think he was the cutest but I am going for new experiences and sometimes pictures aren't always the best....He is moving to cincinnati in a few weeks and was just in town this week to look at places to live. So he at first suggested we grab drinks last night, and then when we were talking earlier in the day he asked what I was doing, and he suggested maybe going to the park, and I didn't really think about it at first all that much and said yes, but then realized after partying pretty hard the night before going to the park was not a good idea. So we deiced to get dinner later. 


The Guy--
 Age: 27
Job: Engineer (if you didn't notice there is a pattern from the last guy...)
What he wore--This is where the pattern ends.  He was wearing a coat, that was pretty geeky, and not so good jeans, okay shoes if the outfit was different, the only nice part was he had on a nice black button down under the ugly coat. ( I know it might be mean, but if you can't meet a certain level of dressing at the age of 27, then I know we wont work, I don't need jcrew model styling, but it needs to be a lil better then that)

Date night outfit.
The Date-- So I wasn't excited about this date, at first on Saturday when he suggested getting drinks he seemed pretty cool, and I was kinda excited, but it seemed the more we talked on Sunday a bit the more weird he felt to me. And I was also really just tired, and the thought of talking about myself and coming up with questions if needed seemed tiring. So we met at the pub and ended up walking across the street to another. He was nice, he really was. There was stuff to talk about, I mean its a first date its hard to not have something to talk about, but to be honest, he was just boring. And he wasn't funny, like I am trying to remember if I laughed at all the whole time (that's bad). Its one of those dates I can't explain, there was just no connection. It was a VERY short date. I didn't order a beer with dinner, because I drank the night before, and wasn't in the mood for it, so he asked after dinner if I normally drink, kinda asking  if I wanted to get some drinks, and I told him I normally do.  But 1. I was REALLY tired, and by that point a bit bored so I wasn't in the mood for continuing on when I knew this was not going to ever be something. So I politely said no, explaining I was just too worn out and wouldn't be fun. He then asked if I had fun, which seriously what was I suppose to say, no? So I of course said yea, did you? And he was like yea but it was way too short...which then I felt kinda bad. But then we walked back to the car, and said bye and I could tell he was gonna try to go in for a kiss, so I gave him a side hug instead. It was bad. I couldn't kiss him (and that's saying something...)


Five things I learned about him--
1. He just got a new job, explains the move.
2. He grew up not far from where my family in IL lives..
3.He went to the same college as my dad for the same degree.
4. He lived in Atlanta the last 5 years for grad school.
5. He is a fan of football, but doesn't let it take the lead on life.

Memorable Conversation-- 
 When I told him about me being too tired to do anything else he said " I can help you stay awake" with the weird smile on his face...

The Verdict--
There will NOT be a second date. No there will not. Its funny because on all the first dates I have been on there's only a few that I have said I do not want a second date...I mean there's been some I wasn't so sure about, but went on a second just to see, but to know FOR SURE on the first, not so many.

1 comment:

  1. Re: wardrobe'
    Mark's wardrobe has greatly improved since we've been together, so that is one thing that can change.

    ReplyDelete