Tuesday, January 17, 2012

{Date #5}

The Background story-- we met online(if you haven't figured out this is a common theme ;) We started talking about a week and half ago briefly and then started texting about a week ago kinda small talk each day...and then a few days ago he said something cute about we should talk on the phone first, if your able later I will give you a call and then if your cool with it maybe we can meet up sometime :) (but FYI it was a few days before he actually made the call....) From the very start talking to him I had a bit of a crush. He was funny and we were both sarcastic about things. His messages always made me laugh, so I was giddy and excited to go on this date! Oh and I should mention hes a southern boy :)


The Guy--
Age:29
Job: Hes in law school (after having a career in banking he decided that's not what he wanted and went back to school, and now hes in his last year and half of law school!)
What he wore: Nice grey sweater with V neck tee under it. Good dark jeans and nice brown shoes.


The Date--
So we decided to meet up for drinks at a place near me. And it was cute because he texted me before saying he was on his way and that he should be right on time, but if he was gonna be a few mins late he would let me know, and then texted again when he was a few mins away. Major points! So we sat and ordered drinks, my go to bud light and he ordered a rum and coke. We started talking about my job a lot. Guys always seem very fascinated with my job, they always seem to have a lot of questions about it, which I don't mind, because my job is different then most, and my job is a big part of my life so I am game for it. We talked a lot about family, hes a pretty big family guy. We talked about church, because we had talked about this some before the date, but he use to go to crossroads, and has now gone to the vineyard I grew up going to a few times. So that was a good sign. He seemed very observant, and asked good questions. We talked about my pictures some, and I saw showing him some family pictures and then he made a cute comment, hes was like I don't want this to sound bad, but I think your a lot cuter in person then some of your pics. Ummm that's a HUGE compliment, because one I feel myself like I take a really good photo, so to know he thinks I am even cuter then the photo is good :) And now I realize we sat and talked for 3.5 hours. And it felt like it went by super fast! I really think its awesome that he realized in his young age that what he thought he wanted to do was not what he was happy doing and made a bold step to go back to school to do what he his passionate about. There is something very appealing about someone with passion. I also learned he has travel a lot, pre going back to school. 


Five things I learned about him--
1. He was engaged once before. 
2. He was a only child and very spoiled. 
3. We grew up with the same type of displine and feel the same to do when we have kids. (he wants kids someday!)
4. We have very similar religious views. 
5. He grew up in TN and has a bit of a southern accent, that is super cute! 


Memorable Conversation--
He pointed out that I have a small dimple on my right cheek, but you can only see it if I smile big. (I told you he was very observant :)

The Verdict--  
I could say I hope we go out again soon, and I hope he feels the same way...BUT I already know he wants to go out again, because that boy texted me last night after the date to say he had a great time and that he hopes we can see each other again :))))) One happy girl! And MAJOR points for not waiting to text me. He is a bit of a southern gentlemen :) Ekkk I am really excited to see where this goes. 

After having 3 first dates in 3 days I am ready for a break of first dates, granted they were ALL fun, and I enjoyed my time with each, but I really would like to go out with #5 again, and #4 already wants to go out again, but I am not so sure about him. He is a little forward and I am not sure...advice?? 

2 comments:

  1. I think that you should go for #5, he's definitely made a better impression on you than the others! And law school is a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, with out a doubt I am gonna go out with #5 again!! :)

    ReplyDelete